Monday, Nov 4
Complete Maya Timeline section on Inspiration visual map.
- Miss Burger is absent today (Monday) due to illness. You will need to scroll down and complete the lesson that is listed for Friday, Nov 1.
- Some classes have begun this, and others will just be beginning the section.
- Please follow the directions and complete what you see on the screenshots. Help each other out please.
- If you are not done with any of the sections we have worked on previously, please complete them!
Tuesday, Nov 5
1. Miss B will be checking the Geography "where" sections on your Inspiration visual maps. Please open it now then come back to these instructions.
2. While you wait for Miss B to call you up to check your Geography section, finish the timeline section that you should have begun yesterday. The directions for the timeline sections are under Friday, November 1, scroll down this page.
3. If you are done with the directions that have been given for the timeline section, then you need to create a new Google Doc for your own copy of our Time Traveler Terms. We will be compiling a list of all the terms we have used for the year. Follow the directions below.
A. Create a google doc and title it: your first name, your last name Time Traveler Terms. See the screenshot below.
Then move this document to your Time Travelers folder in your social studies folder. Do NOT put it in your Maya folder.
Wednesday, Nov 6
- Read Sections 1 and 2 in TCI online text in Maya Chapter.
- Add vocabulary words with their definitions to TT Terms on Google doc for: ceremonial center and hieroglyphic.
- On Inspiration visual map, make timeline bars for Pre-classic, Classic, and Post-classic time periods on Inspiration visual map. Make each of the bars a different color. Line the bars up accordingly with the timeline that should already be in place. See first screenshot below.
- Next, Add explanatory text boxes that explain how the Maya lived during each time period. Use the TCI textbook, Maya Chapter, Section 2, to copy and paste the relevant sentences into the text boxes. See screenshot below.