Monday, February 10
Completing Vocab/rdg review assignment and recording scores - 11 points
Students check their Aztec section 2 notes against my notes located on Friday, February 7 on this logbook. (scroll down). Notes graded - 13 points
2. Students go to their email to copy and paste some project overview information onto the top of their Aztec Civ notes Google doc.
3. Students should copy and paste the following 2 images into their geography section of their Aztec notes on their Google Doc.
Tuesday, February 11
Assembly in afternoon
No p5, p6 or p7 classes
Look at Lake Texcoco overlay.
Add Great Pyramid/Templo Mayor Google Earth overlays: CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR TEMPLO MAYOR MODEL
SELECT THE "VIEW IN GOOGLE EARTH" OPTION.
CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR ANOTHER TEMPLO MAYOR MODEL
SELECT THE "VIEW IN GOOGLE EARTH" OPTION
BE SURE TO SAVE EACH MODEL TO "MY PLACES"
Alternatively place and remove the models and look at the ruins underneath.
Wed, February 12
2. Be sure to copy and paste the captions that go with the images.
Time Traveler's Tourist Tour Through Tenochtitlan
Watch video introduction below.
1. Go to Self Service and select the Self Service Refresh. Make sure this is completed before proceeding to step number 2.
2. Download the Unity Web App from Self Service. Make sure this is completed before proceeding to step number 4.
3. Review the following instructions for your Walk Through Tenochtitlan and the Sacred Precinct assignment.
- Work with a partner of your choice. There are a total of12 screenshots that need to be taken. You will each do half of the screenshots. Decide who will take which screenshots. WORK TOGETHER and help each other locate the buildings and share what you find. You are responsible for 6 screenshots with captions. This assignment is worth 12 points - 1 point for each screenshot and 1 point for each caption.
- Using the map and the key below, identify the locations that are listed within the 3D Tenochtitlan virtual city.
- You will need to guide your avatar to the Sacred Precinct (the city center inside the walls.) NOTE: You will take one screenshot before you enter the city -see the instructions below.
- For each of the following locations, take a screenshot of your avatar in front of each. These will automatically save to your desktop. PLEASE RENAME EACH SCREENSHOT WITH THE NAME OF THE LOCATION.
- Place the screenshots in your Urbanization/City-Building section of notes WITH A CAPTION FOR EACH screenshot!
- See my example located directly below the map and key.
4.To begin, study the map below and the list of buildings you need to find in order to become familiar with where the buildings are located. I HAVE PAPER COPIES OF THE MAP AND LOCATIONS IF NEEDED.
5. Now you are ready to begin.
Click HERE to take you to the city of Tenochtitlan.
Click on the 3D Demo button, wait for the "world" to load and then click start.
1. While you are outside the Sacred Precinct, before you go through the gated wall, take a screenshot of your avatar standing next to a canal.
2. 2 Coatepantli - The wall surrounding the precinct separated it from the rest of the city. It was estimated to be about four hundred and twenty meters on a side, and was probably about two and one-half meters high. Take a screenshot of your avatar next to the wall so you can see the crenellated top.
3. 3 Tlachtli - The Tlachtli was the semi-enclosed structure where the ball game was played. Take a screenshot of your avatar next to one of the hoops on the wall.
4. 8 The Marketplace Take a screenshot of your avatar on the pyramid in the center of the Marketplace and try to get a shot looking down over the marketplace, as best you can.
5. 11 Tzompantli - skull rack Notice that the skull rack is incomplete - it only has vertical posts and no skulls. Take a screenshot of your avatar between the poles OR if you want a challenge, from on top of the wall looking down on the poles.
6. 12 Temple of the Sun uh, the Temple of the Sun! Take a screenshot of your avatar on the top.
7. ALSO, while you are on the top of the Temple of the Sun, take a panoramic screenshot of the city outside the city walls.
8. 13 Temple of Quetzalcoatl - This temple is an exception to the usual rectangular shapes of temple foundations. Its circular foundation is typical of the structures dedicated to Quetzalcoatl, the god of knowledge and civilization. The conical roof was probably made of straw. Quetzalcoatl means "feathered serpent". Take a screenshot of your avatar standing on the platform in front of this temple so you can see the Temple in the background.
9. 19 Eagle Warrior Precinct - Eagle Warriors House/Palace Take a screenshot of your avatar in front of this building so we can see the complete width of the building.
10 and 11. 20 Templo Mayor/The Great Temple The blue shrine on the left the Shrine of Tlaloc, the god of water and the red shrine on the right is the Shrine of Huitzilopochtli, the God of War. Take a screenshot in front of EACH shrine.
12. ALSO, while you are on top of the Great Temple, take one panoramic screenshot of the Sacred Precinct (the main city center inside the walls) from atop the Great Temple