Monday, February 17
NO SCHOOL - PRESIDENT'S DAY
Tuesday, February 18
Place Tenochtitlan Tour images into Urbanization Section with captions 12 points
Wed, February 19
Check notes for:
- Introductory paragraph, images for Lake Texcoco and Aztec Empire in Geography section
- Four images of Tenochtitlan and Great Temple models 7 points total
Google Earth Download of the Great Temple model.
Add Great Pyramid/Templo Mayor Google Earth overlays: CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR TEMPLO MAYOR MODEL
SELECT THE "VIEW IN GOOGLE EARTH" OPTION.
CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR ANOTHER TEMPLO MAYOR MODEL
SELECT THE "VIEW IN GOOGLE EARTH" OPTION
- Look and "walk around" the Great Temple as seen in the streets of Modern Mexico.
- Can you recognize where other Aztec buildings used to be and what is there now?
- How does it feel to be walking the streets of Mexico City where the streets of Tenochtitlan used to be, where your avatar walked?
- Remove the Great Temple model and explore the ruins underneath. What ruins remain that you saw on your tour? Why don't we see more Aztec ruins? Where did they go?
Thursday, February 20
Watch the next Engineering an Empire segment.
Most of you have these notes, but for those who do not, here is your CHECKLIST FOR the additional information/images for 7 points:
- Introductory paragraph, I resent the email with the paragraph on Thursday, Feb 20. Place paragraph at very top of document.
- Image of Lake Texcoco and the Aztec Empire image copy and pasted into the GEOGRAPHY section. See Monday, February 10 for those 2 images.
- Four images of Tenochtitlan and Great Temple models. See Wednesday, February 12 for the images. Place the captions with the images also. REMEMBER, insert the image and immediately add the caption underneath it. Then do the next image and it's caption and so on.
Friday, February 21
Periods 3 and 5 Section 3 reading with comprehension worksheet.