PBiS Day Thursday, Aug 15
Introductory Index Card Assignment
In Class Friday, Aug 16
- Indicate if you have a version of your name that you prefer to be called by.
- In the upper left hand corner indicate the column and row of your assigned seat
- In the upper right hand corner, indicate if you have internet at home
- Please write down any questions you have about this class, classroom or me.
- Tell me anything you want me to know about you - your interests, hopes and dreams, concerns., things you are good at etc
- On the back of the card, please draw a representation or icon of yourself that in some way describes who you are or a primary interest.
- Worth 10 points for following directions and completeness of task.
If I Could Travel Back in Time,,,
Weekend Assignment, Friday, Aug 16
If I Could Travel Back in Time... (paper handout, instructions copied below)
1. Choose ONE of the four topics to write about.
- If you could travel back in time, but could not return to the present, when and where would you want to spend the rest of your life? What would you want to spend your life doing? Why?
- If you could travel back in time for just one week, when and where would you go? Why? What would you want to do when you got there?
- If you could travel back to any time in history, what would you want to change? Why?
- If you could travel back to an earlier time in your own life to do something over again, what would it be and why?
3. Then have someone in your family, a parent/guardian, older sibling, grandparent etc, help you edit your story to make corrections in spelling, grammar, punctuation and paragraphing, if necessary.
4. Rewrite a corrected second draft on another sheet of paper.
For both the first and second drafts, you may use any combination of either hand writing or using a computer.
5. Do not leave this for Sunday night. That will not allow you to do your best work. Also, you need to let the person who will help you edit, know that you need their help, so they can plan when best to do so.
5. Turn in BOTH the first and second draft on the due date.
7. This is worth 20 points - 15 points given for the first draft for clearly answering the initial question and then thoroughly explaining why. 5 points given for your second edited draft.
Write at least one half of a page and no more than one page. Ask me for additional paper if you need it.
Students absent on this day, and seeing the instructions here , may complete the assignment on their own paper.
Purpose of assignment: To see how well students follow through on completing a task. See the quality of their work. Look at current writing skills.